Wednesday 4 February 2015

Kyneton Retreat

Just had a lovely weekend at a quilting retreat in Kyneton.  Lots of stitching was achieved, with a good dose of eating and talking of course.  Here is a photo of a completed class sample called Autumn reflections that was a very quick & easy project using a jelly roll (bali pop) and a charm pack of matching fabric.  I've also made up a couple of blocks in the disappearing hourglass pattern, which looks super cute in a little boys robot fabric.  I also put the finishing touches on my Paradise in Bloom which is now hanging up in the shop waiting for patterns to arrive.  I enjoyed the applique, mixing both hand needleturn and machine blanket stitch with lovely effect, so a very productive week or so.  Thought I was very good and battled my will and did not buy anymore wool and did not start a new knitting project, even though it was touch and go as to whether my self control was going to hold up.  Luckily for me, the shop was not open on Sunday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment